Preparing For Exam Day
- Bring your registered laptop, a fully charged battery, and an electrical extension cord (6 feet). Check with your institution to see if you are allowed to bring an external mouse and full-size keyboard.
- Ensure that your computer’s internal clock has the correct date/time.
- Use the instructions that will be provided to you on exam day to launch Examplify.
- Follow the Exam Information received for Internet Connectivity and uploading your answers.
- Bar applicants who do not take the time to become familiar with their laptop computer or Examplify’s features, should consider handwriting their exams. No administrative relief will be granted in the event that an exam file is deleted or otherwise altered.
- If you encounter computer difficulty during the exam notify a proctor for instructions.
- Character Limit – Some essay questions may have a character limit. You can see the character count of any essay answer above the Examplify answer window. If a limit is imposed, it will be displayed in the lower left corner next to the question number.
- Special characters – Special characters, such as § ¢ £ ¤ ¥ (c), are available through the “Symbols” tab on the side bar menu. If you don’t see any special characters in this line, then your computer may not have any appropriate fonts on it. Fonts exist on your computer as part of Windows and are not part of Examplify.
- Cut/Copy and Paste are enabled during the exam. As a safeguard against accidental deletions, ExamSoft suggests using Copy & Paste rather than Cut & Paste.
- Undo – Examplify can undo up to the last 50 actions in each essay response question.
- Exam Backup – Examplify maintains several encrypted copies of your exam on your hard drive. If your computer crashes during an exam, you can restart it and Examplify will automatically select the most current version of your exam from your hard disk.
- Auto Save – Examplify saves your work automatically every 60 seconds.
- Spell Check – Certain features such as Spell Check, ability to print and whether Examplify locks your computer during the exam (i.e. secure mode), are controlled by the exam administrator. For details on how to use spell check click here: Spell check.
For additional information on Best Practices, visit our FAQs or our support portal.
- ANY ATTEMPT TO DISABLE OR TAMPER WITH EXAMPLIFY’S SECURITY FEATURES WILL BE CONSIDERED A VIOLATION OF THE APPLICANT HONOR CODE.
- IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH YOUR EQUIPMENT AND THE EXAMPLIFY SOFTWARE AND INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED BY EXAMSOFT ON ITS WEB SITE PRIOR TO THE START OF YOUR EXAM. PLEASE ALLOW YOURSELF SUFFICIENT TIME TO BECOME FAMILIAR WITH YOUR LAPTOP AND THE APPLICATION.
- COMMENCEMENT OF THE EXAM WILL NOT BE DELAYED DUE TO A HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE PROBLEM WITH YOUR LAPTOP NOR WILL YOU BE PROVIDED ADDITIONAL TIME TO TAKE YOUR EXAM.
- DO NOT UNINSTALL EXAMPLIFY OR MAKE ANY CONFIGURATION CHANGES TO YOUR MACHINE INCLUDING SYSTEM RESTORE OR REFORMATTING YOUR HARD DRIVE UNTIL YOU RECEIVE YOUR RESULTS.