How to Start and Take your Exam
NOTE: If you are taking a remote bar exam visit your jurisdictions homepage for information.
When it’s time to test, you can launch Examplify and easily take your Exam. You will be also given these instructions including your exam password on the exam day if you are taking the exam at a testing site.
If you will be taking the bar exam at a testing center and will not be taking the bar exam with a jurisdiction remotely, follow the steps below:
- Click the ‘Examplify’ icon.
- Click on the exam name you wish to take on the left-hand side.
- On the right, enter the password provided to you by a proctor. After typing the password click the green ‘Enter’ button.
- When taking a secure exam, you will be presented with the below screen. Read the notice and click ‘Continue’ to confirm that you wish to open the exam.
- If the exam is secure, and any Microsoft applications are open, you will be asked to close out of those programs before starting the exam. We recommend saving any work, then manually closing out of any Microsoft program.
- Read each Notice Window carefully and click ‘Next’ on the bottom right side of the screen to advance to each window. Click ‘Next’ when you have finished reading all Notice Windows.
- STOP AND WAIT when the STOP SIGN appears. When instructed by your proctor, click ‘Continue’.
- Check the box on your screen to confirm that you wish to enter the exam and click ‘Start Exam’.
- The exam will open in Examplify and you will be presented with the first question of the exam.
- Compose your answer for each question in the text box. You should not answer all question in one text box.
- When navigating between questions on your exam, you have three ways to move between questions
- First, by selecting the button on the bottom left, to proceed to the next question, or selecting the back arrow to proceed to the previous question. The question number will be provided as well.
- Secondly, you can toggle (switch) to the next/previous question by selecting the down arrow in the bottom left hand corner or the up arrow in the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- Lastly, once you have gone through each question, you can simply select the question number you would like to navigate to within the navigation pane on the left-hand side.
- Examplify will automatically save your answers in the exam every 60 seconds
- Examplify automatically creates all headers, page numbers, and margins that can be included when printed by the Bar Examiners. It will single space the essay responses on your screen.
- When leaving your seat (i.e. restroom break), block your screen by clicking the ‘Exam Controls’ menu, then ‘Hide Exam’.
- Once you submit the exam, the exam file cannot be reopened.
To EXIT your Examplify Exam:
- On the final question, click ‘Finish’ OR select ‘Exam Controls’ then ‘Submit Exam’
- On the blue screen, select the checkbox then click the ‘Submit Exam’.
- The application will exit out of the exam view, and you will be presented with a warning that you’re closing out of the exam.
- To confirm, select the check box that you’re ready to upload the exam file, and then select ‘Submit Exit’ to Upload Exam.
- If you are connected to a wireless connection, the upload of your answer file begins immediately.
- If you are not connected to the internet or have a weak connection, Examplify will notify you that the exam is complete, and you must upload by deadline. Click ‘Return to Dashboard’. Once you arrive at a location with an Internet connection, turn on the computer. Connect to the Internet and click the Examplify icon. Once Examplify opens, the answer files will automatically upload, if not, click ‘Retry Upload’.
- Note: Your answer file and all of its content has been saved to your computer.
For additional information visit our Support Portal.
NYLE: The following Exam Day information is only for Bar applicants. If you are taking the New York Law Exam, please refer to the specific Exam Day instructions emailed to you.