- Character Limit – Some essay questions may have a character limit. You can see the character count of any essay answer above the Examplify answer window. If a limit is imposed, it will be displayed in the lower left corner next to the question number.
- Special characters – Special characters, such as § ¢ £ ¤ ¥ (c), are available through the “Symbols” tab on the side bar menu. If you don’t see any special characters in this line, then your computer may not have any appropriate fonts on it. Fonts exist on your computer as part of Windows and are not part of Examplify.
- Cut/Copy and Paste are enabled during the exam. As a safeguard against accidental deletions, ExamSoft suggests using Copy & Paste rather than Cut & Paste.
- Undo – Examplify can undo up to the last 50 actions in each essay response question.
- Exam Backup – Examplify maintains several encrypted copies of your exam on your hard drive. If your computer crashes during an exam, you can restart it and Examplify will automatically select the most current version of your exam from your hard disk.
- Auto Save – Examplify saves your work automatically every 60 seconds.
- Spell Check – Certain features such as Spell Check, ability to print and whether Examplify locks your computer during the exam (i.e. secure mode), are controlled by the exam administrator. For details on how to use spell check click here: Spell check.
For additional information on Best Practices, visit our FAQs or our support portal.
How do I know if I am registered?
- Open Examplify and confirm that you are taken to the dashboard.
- In the header of Examplify, confirm that the Institution and username listed match the information provided to you when you initially completed registration.
- Confirm that all applicable exam files appear under My Exams on the dashboard below “Downloaded”.
- Take the mock exam, please follow the instructions here. Once you complete the mock exam, you will receive a confirmation email.
To confirm your registration through the portal, follow the instructions here: Check My Registration. For more information on the Registration Process, please review our help guide on our support portal here: Registration.
If you are registering for multiple jurisdictions or if your laptop has been lost, damaged, or replaced please visit our FAQ page.